Computer Virus Removal – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
- Are computer hackers really that much of a problem?
- How vulnerable is my business network to being attacked?
- What do I need to do to protect my data?
A computer virus is a program that makes copies of itself and infects files and data. Computer viruses can spread to other computers and files whenever infected files are exchanged. They can spread through email attachments, documents and other files. In the worst cases, they can destroy all data stored on your computer or network environment or deliver sensitive business and customer data to criminals.
Malware is similar, but is designed to interfere with your computer use. It may interrupt work by displaying constant advertising or even hold your PC for ransom by encrypting your data and demanding payment to internet criminals. This is a growing problem today, and many companies have been forced to pay huge sums to recover from a malware attack.
Everyone who reads the news has heard of computer hackers. These malicious individuals and organizations are constantly exploring the internet, looking for vulnerable computers and networks. When they find an unprotected system, they invade it and often steal confidential business and customer data. No company, large or small, is safe from attack by hackers, and the damage they can do can cost millions of dollars.
Protecting yourself from these threats is far from simple. One of the most important services our Minneapolis St. Paul computer and IT services company offers is assistance in safeguarding our customers from malware, viruses and hackers. We can help you protect your computer or network from attack and assist you in recovering if you are attacked. Here are some of the facts you need to know:
Common Sources of Computer Viruses and Malicious Attacks
Today, there are thousands of viruses circulating around the world. New versions are introduced on a daily basis, each exploiting a particular vulnerability and with different targets. Since almost every business computer system is connected to the internet, there is the potential every day for infection or attack from sources like these:
- Email attachments – These can come from spammers or may be inadvertently attached to normal business emails. Protection is essential.
- Downloaded software – Free software from unreliable sources is a common source of infection. Careful software download policies are crucial.
- Infected data files – Music and video files downloaded from streaming services are commonly infected. However, even files from trusted sources may contain viruses or malware. Effective scanning can prevent infections.
- Web pages containing malware or viruses – Navigating to some websites can infect your system. Careful browsing controls can limit your vulnerability.
- Hackers spread viruses – Many hackers focus on installing malicious malware or viruses on your system. Strong firewalls are essential.
How to Protect Your Computer System and Network from Attacks
Threats from hackers, malware and viruses are becoming more sophisticated. It has never been more crucial to have effective protection enabled at all times on your computer system and network. We help our Minneapolis St. Paul area customers with installation and configuration of effective anti-virus, anti-malware and firewall protection.
- Anti-virus scanning and prevention software – many anti-virus programs are available. Rely on us to help you select the most powerful and effective programs for scanning and real-time virus protection.
- Anti-malware software – Specialized anti-malware software can protect you from internet-spread malware, through prevention and detection.
- Virus and Malware Removal – Our skilled technicians can assist you with scanning and removal of malicious software and viruses, in the event your system becomes infected.
- Rock-solid firewall systems – keeping hackers out of your network is crucial. Properly installed and configured firewall programs are your best protection.
- Automatic scanning and prevention – Anti-virus and anti-malware applications must be properly configured with real-time protection and regular schedules established on email systems, individual PCs and networks.
- Browser configuration and user education – We can help configure internet browsers to prevent access to dangerous websites and provide browsing guidelines to help you and your staff avoid infection.
- Automated updates – Operating and application software publishers issue regular security updates to help protect you. We can configure your system to automatically receive and install these updates.
- Secure automated back-up systems – The ultimate protection for your computer systems and data is regular, frequent backup of your system, stored safely and redundantly. In worst case attacks, complete system and data backups can be quickly restored to get you back in operation.
Comprehensive IT Support for Business – Twin Cities, MN
Computer systems have never been more subject to attacks by hackers, viruses and malicious software. Every business needs protection against these threats. Without that protection, you run the risk of extensive downtime, data loss, or even legal liabilities in the case of theft of customer data. Contacting us for an affordable data security evaluation and consultation is the best way to discover risks you may not recognize. Our computer security experts will advise you on the most effective ways to protect your business and its data. Call us today and let us design and implement a customized data security and threat prevention program. It’s one of the most cost-effective decisions you can make.