Malware and Spyware Removal Service – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
- How vulnerable is your business to a virus attack?
- How many types of malware exist and how do you remove them?
- What is cost of effective protection against these risks?
Computer operating systems and application software aren’t perfect. Programming mistakes often leave systems vulnerable to penetration by malicious individuals and organizations, through security gaps. These vulnerabilities are widely exploited through malicious software created for various reasons. Although software and operating system publishers constantly work to patch the security holes, it’s impossible to create perfect, penetration-proof systems. Criminal organizations, malicious individuals and many others are constantly looking for ways to gain access to computers and networks. Detecting, blocking and removing malware should be a top priority.
Each day, new malware exploits emerge to attack business and personal computers, creating a constant threat. As the leading IT services company in the Twin Cities metro area, we constantly work to educate and protect our clients from these attacks. It’s crucial to understand the type of malware that is lurking on the internet and elsewhere and what you can do to protect your systems and data from attack. Here’s what you need to know:
Types of Malware
- Spyware – These small software programs are designed to steal information from your computer. By tracking your internet usage, monitoring your keyboard activity, and peeking into your data files, they collect sensitive information and transmit it to others. Passwords, financial information, customer data, personal information and more are the targets. Spyware acts in the background and can go unnoticed for long periods of time.
- Backdoor and Rootkit Exploits – This malware type is designed to let hackers into your system and network. Skilled hackers use these backdoors to access your files, install malicious programs, and penetrate your security. The results can be disastrous for your business and can allow hackers to shut you down. Rootkit removal can be very difficult sometimes.
- Computer Viruses – These types of malware are designed to disrupt your activities or create destructive processes that interfere with your programs and data. They can use your email system to send spam email, take over your network for criminal activity, or simply make your system unusable.
- Ransomware – This new form of malicious software is becoming more and more common. It works by invading your computer or network and then encrypting your files and software, locking you out. Then, it notifies you that you must pay a large sum to fix the problem. Recently, ransomware has actually bankrupted some companies.
- Adware – Commonly attacking personal computers, an adware infection subjects the user to constant advertising that slows their computer down and may even prevent normal use. It can also take over internet browsers, switch home pages and block access to search engines and other websites. If not removed, they often make the infected computers unusable.
- Trojan Horses – A Trojan horse malware program lies in wait on your computer or network. Usually triggered on a specific date, it can be any type of malware. Suddenly a Trojan horse will appear on many computers at the same time, causing widespread problems.
Malicious Software Can Infect Computers from Many Sources
These harmful programs enter your computer in many ways, and preventing attacks is complicated. Understanding the vulnerabilities to attack is an important step in protecting your computer environment. Some of the most common ways malware infects computers and networks include:
- Internet Browsing – Websites can deliver malicious software to your system. Visiting questionable websites is the number one source. Today’s browsers may warn you about risky websites. Always follow their recommendations.
- Email Attachments – These are a common source of infection. Never open attachments to spam emails and use your email client software’s built-in scanning and removal tools to avoid infection.
- Internet Downloads – Free software from the internet, websites that stream music and movies illegally, and pornography websites are often sources of malware attacks. Beware of any downloads from random websites.
- USB Memory Devices – Carefully control the use of USB memory sticks and other plug in memory devices. Visitors, vendors and even employees can infect your system inadvertently from infected USB memory devices.
Install Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software for Protection
Along with constant vigilance and safe computer operation, especially on the internet, a variety of powerful removal tools is available for Windows and Apple OS computers and networks. It protects your computer by constantly watching for malicious programs and blocking them. It runs constantly in the background. These programs also allow you to scan your computer periodically to make sure it has not become infected. Every PC and network needs this software, which should automatically update itself and perform scans on a regular basis. We will be happy to recommend the best anti-virus and anti-malware software for our client’s systems. Examples include:
- Microsoft Windows Defender – Included with Windows 8 and 10, this capable program blocks and removes viruses and malware and has powerful scanning capabilities. Automatic updating always keeps it current.
- Spybot Search and Destroy – This malware-specific program is dedicated to blocking and removing spyware, adware and ransomware. In many cases, it is an excellent addition to anti-virus software.
- Browser and Email Protection – Today’s internet browser and email client software has built-in protection against virus and malware attacks. This capability should never be bypassed.
- Network-Level Protection – Anti-virus and anti-malware software, along with robust firewalls specifically designed for your network operating system should always be in place. We can assist you in selecting ideal protection for your network. Enterprise-grade protection is essential.
- Software Security Updates – It’s crucial to enable your operating system software and application software’s automatic updating feature. Security updates are frequent to correct vulnerabilities as they are detected.
Professional Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Services – Twin Cities, MN
Protecting your individual PCs and business network from malicious attacks is important, but can be complex. Technology and threats are constantly changing and yesterday’s solutions may not be adequate tomorrow. That’s why we offer a complete range of anti-virus and anti-malware services to our clients. Our security specialists constantly work to stay on top of these threats. At very competitive, cost-effective rates, we will assess your vulnerability, install and configure the ideal protection for your systems, and conduct professional-grade scanning and malware removal. Contact us today for the very best protection available for your computer system and data security.