Computer Network Security Service for Small Business – Twin Cities, MN
- How do you secure your Windows PCs and Servers?
- Does your company have a data backup plan?
- Is your firewall or router configured to block intrusions?
Tens of thousands of small businesses in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area operate out of the owner’s homes or rented office spaces. As part of our professional IT services, we specialize in assisting these companies achieve maximum productivity. We make our services available at very affordable rates to give them the technological edge and keep their systems working at peak performance. Today, networked computer systems are ubiquitous. Our expertise with Microsoft Windows networking helps users get the most from their systems. Here’s the information on home and small office networking you need:
Benefits of Networked Systems
Most small businesses have multiple PCs for specific purposes. In addition, tablet and notebook computers and smart phones are widely used. A wireless network or a mixed network combining wireless and Ethernet-cabled hardware is a great way to improve productivity and performance. We help our clients set up and configure networks for:
- Internet Connectivity – A wireless router lets you securely share a single DSL or cable-base internet connection throughout a home or small office.
- Printer Sharing – All devices can share a single network printer, saving money and offering seamless printing from any device.
- File and Data Sharing – If you use different PCs for different tasks, you can share files between devices instantly and transparently.
- Integrated Data Backup – By dedicating one PC for data backup storage, all connected devices can be backed up with an automated routine.
Network Security Requirements
Every computer network needs strong security measures to protect data and to prevent virus and malware attacks. As part of our IT services, our experienced technicians can assist you in setting up and configuring a rock-solid security system. Some of the needs you may not have anticipated include:
- Microsoft Windows Security Updates and Patches – Let us help you configure your Windows PCs and servers to automatically update these and keep your system up-to-date with all security patches at all times.
- Firewall Configuration – For wireless networks, especially, proper firewall protection is essential to prevent outsiders from accessing your system and data. Firewall configuration is complex and demands expertise.
- Anti-Virus and Malware Protection – Let us help you ensure adequate protection and automated updating and scanning to prevent attacks. Threats are constant. Proper installation and configuration are essential.
- Wireless Router Configuration and Encryption – Don’t just use default configurations with your wireless router. We’ll help you enable strong encryption and password protection to protect your important files.
- Password Protection – Rely on us for advice on proper password choices and use to avoid unauthorized access to your sensitive data.
- Automated Cloud Backups – Protect your business from data loss or disasters with an automated backup program stored in an encrypted cloud storage service. These affordable backups are very reliable and safe.
Risk Prevention Measures
When it comes to computer security, only the best practices can protect you against a wide range of losses. A properly set-up and maintained system, along with knowledge of safe practices are your best assurance of avoiding risks. By hiring us to assist you in setting up a secured network, you get a great start. Then, by following the advice below, you’ll be able to operate securely and avoid problems:
- Keep anti-virus and anti-malware software updated.
- Rely on automated security updates for Windows and applications.
- Safeguard passwords and use different, strong passwords for each account.
- Avoid phishing emails and unsolicited offers from unknown companies.
- Never click links in emails. Navigate directly to banks and other websites.
- Never give out personal, financial or business information unless you’ve initiated the transaction with a trusted company.
- Never open email attachments from unknown senders.
Top-Rated IT Services for Small Business – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
As a trusted computer services company in the Twin Cities, we are experts on the computers, networks and websites you rely on. Setting up and maintaining a computer system is a complex job. Call us for affordable, cost-effective assistance with any technology services you need. Our competitively-priced services and experienced technical staff saves you money by letting you focus on the details of your daily operations, instead of worrying about technology problems. Let us show you how we can free up more of your time and make your unique business safer and more productive. We look forward to helping you succeed.